Pass & Seymour/Legrand (P&S), Syracuse, N.Y., is introducing an integrated marketing campaign to support its expanded line of P&S PlugTail wiring devices. With a complete line of GFCIs, LED nightlight/GFCI combinations, and tamper-resistant and isolated ground receptacles, P&S PlugTail products can serve an even broader range of commercial construction installations.
The marketing campaign reaches electrical distributors and contractors through a series of full- and single-page ads in trade publications, a product video, case histories with testimonials from other contractors and distributors and product announcements in trade publications. Several online initiatives have also been implemented, including a P&S PlugTail sitelet.
The company developed a wide range of promotional materials to help distributors generate demand for P&S PlugTail. The following items are free with a stocking order of $1,200 or more:
- P&S PlugTail posters to gain attention in high-traffic areas;
- Remote-control racecars as promotional giveaway items for customers;
- Informational CDs featuring product images, logos, mesages on hold, press releases and sales literature;
- New P&S PlugTail product brochures that highlight the expanded line;
- P&S commercial products catalogs that showcase P&S PlugTail and other commercial construction product offerings;
- P&S PlugTail pocket flyers;
- P&S PlugTail stickers for use on hard hats;
- How-to-Sell sheets with tips for counter and salespeople;
- P&S product sample cards offering quick, easy references for the newest additions to the product line; and
- Postcards for distributors to send to customers, advertising the promotion.
“These promotional items are meant to generate excitement and educate industry professionals on the many benefits of using P&S PlugTail products,” says Scott Bausch, Commercial & MRO marketing director. “Contractors can physically hold the devices and test them first-hand, and the promotional package gives distributors everything needed to drive sales.”
P&S also offers kits for hosting job-site events designed to build a grass-roots campaign among electricians and project managers. Each kit contains T-shirts, an informational CD, pocket flyers, a plexiholder with Slim Jim snacks, a postcard survey, sample devices, hard-hat stickers, desk signage and coupons. To view the new P&S PlugTail video, visit www.passandseymour.com/goplugtail.
Got an Item for Bulletin Board?
It's easy to have your company included in the pages of Electrical Wholesaling's Bulletin Board. It's as simple as submitting a description and photographs.
Some of the subjects covered in Bulletin Board include:
- Charitable Events/Donations
- Product Promotions
- Distributor Support/Training
- Ground Breakings
- Industry Awards/Recognitions
Send pertinent information to Doug Chandler, Executive Editor, 9800 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66212. Or you may e-mail information to email@example.com. All electronic photos should be in “jpg,” “tif” or “eps” format at no less than 300 dots per inch. Questions? Call (913) 967-1951.